History of the place and the community Arnleithen 3
Only few historic facts about Arnleithen are known. The name of the place was first used for the meadows, later also for the farmhouses. Arnleithen means hillside (German: Leite) with maple trees (German: Ahorn). Arnleithen was mentioned first in 1520, it is not known, whether at that time people have been living there. 1556 it was again mentioned when defining borders and ownerships of Pottenstein.1
In old times, shepherds with their herds found shelter in this place.
In the Geographischen Lexikon von Franken2 Arnleithen is mentioned as a farm in 1799:
Arnleithen is an ownership in marple tree valley. The owners are the barons of Gross. The estate is partly heritage and partly let for rent. For this reason only 3 farmers are living there. The tithe and the church duties are to the town of Pottenstein and to Gössweinstein, one hour from there.
About 20 years ago, this farm in the Franconian Switzerland was discovered by a group of trail riders, who fell in love with the magic landscape with caves, ruins, and keltic places.
It became the burning desire of the group of riders to live together at this place, owning horses and meadows, and grow in community.